The Puerto Rico Convention District is a new leisure and business development for both leisure and business travelers alike. The Puerto Rico Convention Center is a $415 million dollar state-of-the-art facility with 600,000 square feet of meeting space. Three new hotels (see map below) were built offering excellent accommodations, dining and entertainment for families, business travelers. Hotels offer excellent meeting spaces and elegant wedding / event venues.
- Nearby Airport: Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport is just 7 miles away.
- Cruisers – Hotels located at Puerto Rico Convention Center District are a great choice for cruise travelers needing a place to stay before or after arrival. The Pan American Pier is 0.5 miles, Old San Juan Piers are just 2 miles away.
The Puerto Rico Convention District is the largest and most technologically advanced Convention Center in the Caribbean. covers 113 acres, former home of the Miramar Naval and Coast Guard Base. The Convention Center features 152,700 exhibit hall, a 39,500 Sq.Ft ballroom (largest in the Caribbean), 36,400 Sq.Ft of meeting space, and a 12,800 Sq.Ft Outdoor Terrace.
Nearby Beaches & Points of Interest
From this location, a quick cab ride will transports guests to the historic city of Old San Juan and the Condado Tourist District. Travelers who enjoy walking, can walk to Condado and Old San Juan through the new Paseo Puerta de Tierra, just be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of sunblock and water.
Nearby Points of Interest +
- Fort San Cristobal - 2.5 miles
- El Morro Fort - 3 miles
- Condado Restaurants, Shops and Nightlife - 1 mile
- Old San Juan - 2.5 miles
- El Yunque Rainforest - 28 miles
- Isla Verde Beaches, Carolina - 6 miles
- Camuy River Cave Park - 60 miles (1.20 minutes drive)
- Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve & Laguna Grande Bioluminescent Bay - 40 miles (1 hr drive)
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
+ Highlights - from $140
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is an excellent choice for both leisure and business travelers offering non-smoking guest rooms and luxurious suites. Guests can enjoy relaxation at the Zen Spa Retreat and the Club Lounge. Sheraton features one of the best infinity pools in San Juan with sweeping views of San Juan Bay, Old San Juan and Condado.
- Highlights: Six Dining Options, Casino, Spa, Fitness Center, Concierge Services, Infinity Pool with city views, Club Lounge, Meetings Space, Wedding / Event Venue.
- Rates: Hotel Rooms available from $140 +
- Location: Puerto Rico Convention Center District - 200 Convention Boulevard, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00907 ⎜ Tel: 787-993-3500
- Casino: Casino Metro ⎜ 448 slots and 16 gaming tables ⎜ Open 24 / 7 daily
+ Highlights - from $116
Hyatt House offers spacious guest rooms, studios and one bedroom suites with kitchenettes. A perfect choice for families, business travelers and couples who want a longer stay. Hotel was opened in 2014, with 126 rooms in a 6 floor building with outdoor pool.
- Highlights: Free breakfast, free WiFi, spacious rooms with kitchenette. Guests enjoy 24-hour convenience store, 24-hour fitness room, 24-hour business center, grocery shopping service, guest laundry and more. HD channels and plug-n-play adaptors.
- Rates: from $116
- Address: 580 Av. Manuel Fernández Juncos, San Juan, PR 00907 ⎜ Tel: 787-977-5000
+ Highlights - from $109
Hyatt Place San Juan / City Center offers comfort at a great value for both leisure and business travelers. Families can enjoy spacious guest rooms, suites and a fun outdoor pool kids will love.
- Highlights: Comfortable guest rooms and suites that feature separate sleeping and living areas. Free Breakfast & WiFi. Outdoor pool with kid's area, poolside bar. Walking distance to beach, casino, shops, restaurants. Meeting space.
- Rate4s: from $109 per night
- Address: 580 Av. Manuel Fernández Juncos, San Juan, PR 00907 ⎜ Tel: 787-721-3000
Map of Hotels in the Puerto Rico Convention Center District