The Puerto Rico Convention District is a new leisure and business development for both leisure and business travelers alike. The Puerto Rico Convention Center is a $415 million dollar state-of-the-art facility with 600,000 square feet of meeting space. Three new hotels (see map below) were built offering excellent accommodations, dining, and entertainment for families, business travelers. Hotels offer excellent meeting spaces and elegant wedding/event venues.
- Nearby Airport: Luis Muñoz Marin International Airport is just 7 miles away.
- Cruisers – Hotels located at Puerto Rico Convention Center District are a great choice for cruise travelers needing a place to stay before or after arrival. The Pan American Pier is 0.5 miles, Old San Juan Piers is just 2 miles away.
The Puerto Rico Convention District is the largest and most technologically advanced Convention Center in the Caribbean. covers 113 acres, former home of the Miramar Naval and Coast Guard Base. The Convention Center features 152,700 exhibit hall, a 39,500 Sq. Ft ballroom (largest in the Caribbean), 36,400 Sq.Ft of meeting space, and a 12,800 Sq.Ft Outdoor Terrace.
From this location, a quick cab ride will transport guests to the historic city of Old San Juan and the Condado Tourist District. Travelers who enjoy walking can walk to Condado and Old San Juan through the new Paseo Puerta de Tierra, just be sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of sunblock and water.
- Fort San Cristobal - 2.5 miles
- El Morro Fort - 3 miles
- Condado Restaurants, Shops and Nightlife - 1 mile
- Old San Juan - 2.5 miles
- El Yunque Rainforest - 28 miles
- Isla Verde Beaches, Carolina - 6 miles
- Camuy River Cave Park - 60 miles (1.20 minutes drive)
- Laguna Grande Bioluminescent Bay - 40 miles (1 hr drive)
- Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve - 40 miles (1 hr drive)