One of the great bonuses of visiting the tourist areas in San Juan, the capital city of Puerto Rico, is safety. Police presence is strong and noticeable, especially in the walking historic district of Old San Juan giving visitors peace of mind as they explore the allures of the city.
The officers in tourist areas are trained to deal with visitors, they’re friendly, bilingual, and very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area. Feel free to stop, ask for help, or directions or express any concerns you may have.
If you experience a real emergency please dial 911, just like in the U.S., to be connected with the services you require.
- Fire Department – 787-722-1120 / (787) 723-2904 or Dial 911
Police Departments in Tourist Areas
Old San Juan / Viejo San Juan
- Cuartel Casa Alcaldía – (787) 480-2520, (787) 480-2657 y (787) 480-2658
- Cuartel de San Juan – Calle Juan A. Corretjer, 1er nivel, Estacionamiento Covadonga (787) 724-5170-Retén
Fax: (787) 725-8138
- Administración-Puerta de Tierra – 360 San Agustín, Puerta de Tierra (787) 722-4710, (787) 725-8105, (787) 721-5925
- Cuartel Condado – Parque Barbosa Calle Park Bulevar Último Trolley (787) 480-2920, (787) 480-2921, (787) 480-2922, (787) 480-2923, (787) 480-2926 Fax: (787) 268-1217