Celebrate Your Love in One of the Most Romantic Cities in the World
San Juan is one of the most preferred wedding destinations on the Caribbean. When the special day is over, couples choose to honeymoon in Puerto Rico in order to explore romantic and inspiring places around the island…a perfect way to begin a life together. San Juan is a great place to be in Puerto Rico due to its location on the island giving you easy access to explore beyond the city. San Juan defines the essence of romance and perfect compromise. San Juan is two destinations in one that perfectly blend into one happy place, just like marriage. Part of the challenge of planning a honeymoon is satisfying the travel needs of both the bride and groom. Some couples are lucky to have the same taste when it comes to travel. If you don’t, San Juan can still meet the travel needs of both. Perhaps the bride may want a more intimate destination with European charm, whereas the groom may wish for a more modern, lively vibe. San Juan offers the best of both worlds.
Old San Juan has a charming, romantic atmosphere with romantic plazas, parks, and attractions. Condado and Isla Verde offer the best of the modern world for travelers, with luxurious hotels, from elegant to modern chic, and with casinos, water sports, nightclubs, and more. Whether you prefer to spend lazy days on the beach or have fun on the water, San Juan is sure to satisfy.
When to Honeymoon in San Juan, Puerto Rico
It’s always sunny and warm in Puerto Rico with temperatures that average 85 degrees all year round. Most tourists head to Puerto Rico in high season, which lasts from mid-November through mid-April. Hurricane season lasts from mid-June to mid-November. Nevertheless, summer is a very busy season because locals love the beach (especially on the weekends) and there are many holidays and events throughout the summer, especially in the month of July. You can find really great hotel deals in the summer months, but be sure to look for hotel deals well in advance, especially for the month of July. Hotels in San Juan offer special packages for honeymooners, so be sure to inquire if you want special arrangements to be made. The following video is in Spanish, but we think no translation is needed. If you need to rekindle romance in your relationship, come to San Juan…the sparks will fly again.
Romantic activities for two
There is something for every type of couple in the city and once you venture out into the rest of the island, the adventures you can enjoy together are endless.
- Take a walking tour of Old San Juan.
- Don’t miss taking a walk down Paseo de la Princesa at sunset overlooking the San Juan Bay.
- Take salsa dancing lessons.
- Fly a kite together at El Morro.
- Have a romantic dinner in Old San Juan.
- Go sailing to Icacos Cays, there are various tour operators available.
- Book a relaxing massage for two at your resort or local spa.
- Book a kayaking tour to kayak on the bioluminescent bay at Cabezas de San Juan.
- Spend a day at El Yunque National Rainforest. Take a hike on the lush green forest and jump in together at the waterfalls.
- Rent a car for the day and head to the west coast. Schedule surfing lessons in Rincon, and in the afternoon take a horseback riding tour along the beautiful coastline of Isabela.
- Split your Puerto Rico honeymoon by spending 3 days in San Juan and then heading to Vieques, where you’ll find the most romantic beaches in the Caribbean and all of Puerto Rico.
Honeymoon & Romance Packages in San Juan Hotels & Resorts
Stay at romantic hotels in Old San Juan, Condado, Ocean Park, & Isla Verde. Many offering nice packages. See current Honeymoon Packages available in San Juan.
Share your San Juan Honeymoon Story
Did you get married or spend your honeymoon in San Juan? Tell your romantic story, share a few pictures, and we’ll add it to our Romance Storybook. See form below.
More Romantic Places in Puerto Rico
Vieques, Puerto Rico
If your idea of the perfect honeymoon is discovering idyllic beaches with crystal clear waters without crowds, you may want to visit Vieques for part of your honeymoon. Isla de Vieques is one of the offshore Islands of Puerto Rico. You can get there by booking a short flight from the Isla Grande Airport.
Culebra, Puerto Rico
Ohhh, this is a really special place…Home to Flamenco Beach, constantly ranked as one of the best beaches in the world. Culebra is the perfect day trip from San Juan for romantics wanting to experience beauty and solitude, the perfect contrast from the vibrant city of San Juan. Spend a day at Flamenco or rent a jeep to explore the other beaches around Culebra which you’re likely to have to yourselves. Don’t leave the island without going to Tamarindo Beach, where you can snorkel and swim with turtles. More about Culebra, Puerto Rico.
Keep Exploring San Juan, Puerto Rico
Home - San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Trolley
- Attractions in San Juan Puerto Rico
- Beaches in San Juan
- Hotels in San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Hotels
- Condado Hotels
- Isla Verde Puerto Rico Hotels
- Ocean Park Hotels
- Maps of San Juan Puerto Rico
- Things to Do in San Juan Puerto Rico
- San Juan Puerto Rico Airport
- Weather in San Juan PR