Ride from CityScapes to BeachScapes…
Isla Verde does not offer designated bike lane along the main tourist areas, but there are yellow caution signs for drivers to “share the road” with bicyclers. Bicycling is a popular sport in the metro area, locals are known to share the road well, of course ride with caution. If you’re staying in the Isla Verde tourist area, and riding on a busy avenue is not your ideal bicycling scenario, no worries; just a short distance away you can ride along Pinones, one of the most naturally scenic trails in the metro area.
If you’re bicycling with children we recommend you go to nearby bike trail in the next town of Loiza with designated bike routes without the dangers of automobile traffic.
You can turn left onto Calle Tartak and ride north to visit El Alambique – Isla Verde Beach, or take a right onto Calle Tartak which will take you past the Verdanza Hotel and Embassy Suites and leads to Jardin de Isla Verde (Isla Verde Garden). This is a park under renovation offering a safer ride for families with children right in the city.
You can also turn left onto Calle Violeta (just before the Ritz-Carlton resort) and ride north to the end to Pine Grove – Isla Verde Beach.
To continue riding east to the Carolina Public Beach and beyond, follow Ave. Isla Verde east through Isla Verde and past the Ritz-Carlton and Courtyard Marriott resorts where a paved bike path begins along the north side of PR-187. Along this path there are 2 gated entrances for free access into the beautiful beach of Balneario de Carolina (Carolina Public Beach). The bike path continues east past this beach and towards Piñones, Loiza offering great views of the Atlantic beachfront and coastline.
Isla Verde Bike Rentals & Shops
As of April 2015, there are unfortunately no known existing businesses or bike shops in Isla Verde offering bike rentals, tours, sales, parts, or repairs. Hot Dog Cycling and Best Tour Connection had bike rental and tour locations in the past, but have closed or moved elsewhere. If staying is Isla Verde, we recommend you contact the following rental company who will deliver a bike to your hotel, or you can take a taxi east to Piñones where you can rent a bike for use on Paseo Piñones.
San Juan Bike Rentals (formerly Condado Bike Rentals)
- Mobile Mountain Bike Rental Unit
- Servicing Old San Juan, San Juan to Isla Verde, Carolina
- FREE delivery and pick up to/from your hotel
- Open 7 days a week: 7 am – 6pm
- Rates: $30 for 8 hours, $20 for 4 hours, $10 per hour (2 hr. minimum)
- Call 787-554-2453 | 787-554-BIKE | email: email@example.com
Paseo Piñones Centro de Informacion and Bike Rentals
- Take the first right after crossing the bridge on PR-187 east from Carolina into Piñones, Loiza. Paseo Piñones officially begins here at the Centro de Informacion.
- Hours: Open 7 days/ week, 6am – 6pm
- Bike Rentals: $5 for 4 hours
Map of Bike Routes in Isla Verde, Carolina
Keep Exploring San Juan, Puerto Rico
Home - San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Trolley
- Attractions in San Juan Puerto Rico
- Beaches in San Juan
- Hotels in San Juan Puerto Rico
- Old San Juan Hotels
- Condado Hotels
- Isla Verde Puerto Rico Hotels
- Ocean Park Hotels
- Maps of San Juan Puerto Rico
- Things to Do in San Juan Puerto Rico
- San Juan Puerto Rico Airport
- Weather in San Juan PR