A nice, laid back beach with lots of free parking…
If you’re planning to escape the busy areas of Old San Juan and Condado in your rental car, Ocean Park Beach is a good choice. It’s laid back vibe, family-friendly beach and water, water sports offered, and Barbosa Park (Parque Barbosa) nearby make it worthwhile driving to. Unlike other beach areas of greater San Juan, you can typically find a free parking spot within walking distance of the beach. Just make sure to arrive early to get a good spot. Parking lots and street parking are marked on the map below to hopefully make them easier for you to find. Enjoy your trip to Ocean Park Beach!
Free Parking Lots
- There is a free parking lot on the west side of Barbosa Park along Calle Soldado Serrano.
- There are 2 free parking lots on the north side of Barbosa Park, right across the street from the beach, along Calle General Patton.
- There is also a free parking lot on the east side of the park, at the tennis courts, on Avenida Las Americas.
Free Street Parking
Since Ocean Park, San Juan is primarily a residential community, finding a free parking spot on the street, if the aforementioned lots are full, should not be too difficult. You just may have to walk a little farther as compared to parking in the lots at Barbosa Park.
- There are a limited number of spots along the east side of Barbosa Park on Avenida Las Americas.
- If heading east on Calle General Patton, turn left onto Calle Park Boulevard and if you’re lucky, you’ll find a spot on the right hand side – and right across from the beach.
- You can access the western beach on Calle Santa Ana and Calle Tapia, but parking spots are harder to come by than around Barbosa Park.