Condado Bike Routes, Map, Bicycle Rentals & Tours
So biking in Old San Juan was not enough? Well you’re in luck. The most scenic biking area on New San Juan area is in the eastern neighboring community of Condado. Condado offers safe designated bike and jogging lanes for the entire family to enjoy.
It all starts with the bridge connecting Old San Juan to Condado, Puente Dos Hermanos.
You’ll want to ride slowly across the bridge to admire the views of the Condado city line with the Atlantic Ocean as the perfect backdrop and sights of the historic San Geronimo Fort.
You may want to stop at Playita del Condado (Condado Little Beach), for a workout at the outdoor gymnasium and refresh on the calm waters and even do a little snorkeling.
Avenida Ashford, the most popular street for tourists and visitors offer a designated biking zone on the right side heading east. While here, swing into Ventana al Mar Park on the left, where you can ride down to the waterfront or grab some refreshments. Avenida Ashford splits and becomes Calle Magdalena heading east just after the park.
From Calle Magdalena, turn right onto Calle Luisa, then right onto Calle Vieques, follow it to the end, and you’ll arrive at the Jaime Benitez Park. From here you can ride west along the southern shores of the Condado Lagoon on a nicely paved path, you’ll be tempted to come back in order to try out paddle-boarding or kayaking.
From this path or the aforementioned bridge, enjoy breathtaking views of the lagoon, the San Geronimo Fort, Condado resorts, and the Atlantic Ocean.
Biking from Condado to visit nearby La Placita in Santurce
While biking in Condado, if you wish to see a popular local downtown San Juan attraction, you can easily and quickly ride to it from Condado. Plaza del Mercado (La Placita) is famous for its farmers market, great restaurants, and entertainment. From Avenida Ashford to Calle Magdalena east through Condado, ride past Plaza Antonia Quinones and turn right onto Calle Cervantes. Then turn left onto Calle Wilson. Take the first right onto Calle Primavera which will go under the PR-26 expressway and become Calle Canal. Turn right onto Calle Robert to get to La Placita and the surrounding restaurants.
Bicycle Rentals & Tours
San Juan Bike Rentals (formerly Condado Bike Rentals)
- Mobile Mountain Bike Rental Unit
- Servicing Old San Juan, San Juan to Isla Verde, Carolina
- FREE delivery and pick up to/from your hotel
- Open 7 days a week: 7 am – 6pm
- Rates: $30 for 8 hours, $20 for 4 hours, $10 per hour (2 hr. minimum)
- Call 787-554-2453 | 787-554-BIKE | email: email@example.com
- Approx. location on map below
Rent the Bicycle – Bicycle Rentals & Tours
- 100 Calle Del Muelle, Suite 205, Capitolio Plaza (east side across from Bahia Urbana), Old San Juan
- Open 7 days a week: 9 am – 4:30pm
- Rates: Daily rental $27, 3 hours $17, child seat $5 (helmets & locks included)
- Offering tours of Old San Juan & San Juan City (Condado, Santurce) & Beach tours
- 787-602-9696 | 787-661-2728 | email: rentthebicyclepr.com